2.4

I wish I had looked for this site before I bought my cover from SpaDepot.Despite my history of business with them and my purchase of their top of the line cover, I recently discovered how poor the manufacturer of these covers is.

My cover started to retain rain water after a storm, at times filling so much that it was difficult to open one side. After several calls were made, ridiculous questions responded to in writing, and photographs sent showing the problem, there was finally an admission from the manufacturer that this was a known problem resulting from the malfunction of the plastic wrapper that encased the foam cores. I was told that new wrapping material is now being used. When I questioned why there had not been a recall and why I had to replace the cores in lieu of the entire cover being replaced, SpaDepot had no response other than what their manufacturer provided.

The manufacturer also had not recalled the defective product, and even knowing there wa s a problem, took nearly 6 weeks to address the issue. When the old cores were removed, the plastic wrap had completely disintegrated on the outside face, allowing the spa side wrap to hold rain water. The effort to replace the cores, clean out the inside, and get the cover zippers to close, took more than two hours. In addition, I now have to dispose of the old cores, the plastic mess, and the shipping box.

This is NOT customer service and NOT appropriate warranty service.

I would not recommend a spa cover purchase from Spa Depot.Neither their support or their manufacturers service are worth the minor savings.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and warranty follow through. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of spa cover and associated monetary loss in the amount of $250. Spa Depot needs to "new cover as per warranty" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned spa cover in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Spa Depot.

Comments

My DuraTherm eMax spa cover with "upgraded double wrapped core" lasted less than a year.Mold began to appear.

When I removed the outside cover there was moisture inside the plastic core wrap with mold. DuraTherm said it was my problem for not maintaining the spa. My original cover lasted almost four years without mold. I replaced it because it had become very heavy.

I change spa water every three months and have water tested locally.

Clean it regularly.This is a lightly used spa.

I'll purchase a replacement locally and will never have another DuraTherm product.